Starting Over Again
Originally posted on Hungry Aggie blog on April 3, 2017. Updated August 14, 2026.
After last time, I lost about 6 lb and other people thought I looked like I lost a lot of weight. I learned a lot about food and ingredients, things to do and not to do. I have spent the last week eating kind of on and kind of off the Whole 30 diet. I plan to get through the whole month, then do at least 2 weeks of reintroducing of the different kinds of food. (That was one of my biggest lessons: if you doesn't reintroduce, then your insides will not like you at all!)
This post is about this last week's Whole 30 food that I made. I found a cite with that family's whole meal plan, and a lot of food actually sounds really good, which is different from many of the cites. I have only look through the first week, this is the link for the first week. As I work my way through all of the weeks, I'll post the link to the week I'm using.
All pictures in post were taken by me. Please do not use without my permission.
Breakfast:
I didn't follow Whole 30 guidelines.. oh well.. I wasn't on the program yet so... who's going to hold it against me?? I had mostly oatmeal this week with pancakes on the weekend (yum!)Lunch: (once I finally made it...)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Chicken Salad (round 2) with Homemade Mayo (round 2 also)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Dinner:
Brussels Sprouts Salad
I am not a huge fan of Brussels sprouts, so I took a big risk with this salad. It ended up being pretty tasty! Do beware: if you buy shredded sprouts from the grocery store (I found them at Sprouts), the big pieces with the stem - just get rid of them... I did not like eating that hard part. Plus this part really held dirt well, so they looked dirty. But really.. I had a hard time eating them with dirt staring me in the face.No, I probably won't make this salad again. I love salad, but I don't want to make myself eat a salad. Even though it tastes good, I had a hard time bringing myself to eat the salad every day.
Again, I made a homemade mayo which turned out decent, but it didn't have as much flavor as the first recipe I tried. (Find the first recipe in this post.) It has the same texture as regular mayo and very similar flavor, but I did not like it on its own. (Yes, I taste the mayo.. I have to make sure it tastes ok.) The first mayo was tangy and could stand alone no problem. This mayo needed to be masked. It was not a good flavor adder in my opinion. I will be using the first mayo from now on.
A-Mazing! This was some of the best chili I've had (and yes, I ate it in March in Texas). This is such a good recipe. I made the whole batch and froze 1-2 servings worth of the chili. This way I can thaw and eat it during a busy week in the upcoming month. I'll let you know if the chili freezes/thaws well. (I really hope so because this is such a tasty recipe, and I love to stock up in the winter!) This, seriously, was one of the best chili recipes I ever had. It does not have much of a kick at all, despite have a total of 6 chili's in it. I have to say: this doesn't taste like a typical chili, so if you are in the mood for typical chili - save this recipe for another day.
Chicken Salad
This was soooo good!! I definitely recommend! As you know, I am allergic to cinnamon, so I had to make a few adjustments to this recipe. Yes, I did use cinnamon but not as much as the recipe called for. I did not keep it Whole 30 friendly (I added sugar to the walnuts). If you can't tell, I really like chicken salad (this is at least the second one I've tried while doing Whole 30). This chicken salad has a completely different flavor from the first (blueberry chicken salad), but I won't pick which one I liked best. I will most likely make both chicken salad recipes again - I mean, heck, I made the blueberry one twice my first time doing Whole 30.Again, I made a homemade mayo which turned out decent, but it didn't have as much flavor as the first recipe I tried. (Find the first recipe in this post.) It has the same texture as regular mayo and very similar flavor, but I did not like it on its own. (Yes, I taste the mayo.. I have to make sure it tastes ok.) The first mayo was tangy and could stand alone no problem. This mayo needed to be masked. It was not a good flavor adder in my opinion. I will be using the first mayo from now on.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Sounds delicious, right?? Eh.. This recipe calls for chicken thighs, and I am not the biggest thighs fan. I prefer chicken breasts, so I didn't like the taste of the chicken that much. The bacon and seasons tasted good, but the chicken really over powered. I will make bacon wrapped chicken again, but not this recipe. There are plenty of recipes out there, so why keep one that you don't love?Pumpkin Chili
A-Mazing! This was some of the best chili I've had (and yes, I ate it in March in Texas). This is such a good recipe. I made the whole batch and froze 1-2 servings worth of the chili. This way I can thaw and eat it during a busy week in the upcoming month. I'll let you know if the chili freezes/thaws well. (I really hope so because this is such a tasty recipe, and I love to stock up in the winter!) This, seriously, was one of the best chili recipes I ever had. It does not have much of a kick at all, despite have a total of 6 chili's in it. I have to say: this doesn't taste like a typical chili, so if you are in the mood for typical chili - save this recipe for another day.
All pictures in post were taken by me. Please do not use without my permission.


Comments
Post a Comment