New to This

Originally posted on Hungry Aggie blog on January 8, 2017.  Reviewed and updated August 28, 2026 for grammar and minor updates.

Hi!  This is a new avenue I'm trying out.  I'm not someone who posts on social media about every thought I have, so I know I won't be the most active blogger out there.  I was inspired by the movie Julie & Julia to start a blog as I cook through all of the Pioneer Woman cookbooks by Ree Drummond.  (I know the movie is based on the book, but I haven't read the book.)  

Don't get too excited yet; I'm not starting that endeavor just yet.  I decided that with the new year I wanted to actually get on top of my weight and lose what I gained in college.  I've decided to participate in the Whole30 diet... sort of.  I am doing a Whole30/Paleo hybrid diet.  Therefore, for the first month (or so) of this blog, I will be tracking the food I prepare.

Before you follow along...

I want you to know what you are in for if you follow what I cook: what I will or won't cook and why.
  1. I won't be cooking much with cinnamon because I'm allergic to it.  Trust me, it sucks!  My allergy has gotten worse as I've gotten older, so when I was younger, I learned to love cinnamon.  I still occasionally eat something with cinnamon.  I either have to eat a very small amount or drink milk with it.  (Milk seems to help counteract the reaction.)
  2. I won't be cooking with shellfish.  I have never been a fan, but my parents made me eat it until I turned 18.  Therefore, I will eat it if someone serves it to me because I don't want to be rude. 
  3. Asian food (mostly Chinese food) is not on my list of favorite foods, so you won't see it here often if ever.  When I think of Chinese food, I think of sweet foods (i.e. Sweet and Sour Chicken, Orange Chicken, etc.).  I know there are other types of Chinese food, but I'm rarely in the mood for it.  When I am, I usually eat out because I don't care enough to make it.
I am only cooking for myself, so I'll be adding how I reduce the amount I make or store the leftovers when applicable.  That is one great thing about cooking for myself: no one else will eat my food!  (Even my dogs won't touch the food when I'm not around to see them.)

I think this is a good place to stop for an "introduction" post.  My next post will be about my transition week into the Whole30 hybrid diet!  

Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts