Reboot - Week One
Originally posted on Hungry Aggie blog on April 16, 2017. Updated August 18, 2026.
As you saw in my last post, I am starting Whole 30 again. Yesterday was my first official day of Whole 30 (round 2). On top of Whole 30, I am adding a work out program to my schedule: Fit Model Fitness 15 Day Challenge (link no longer works, as of August 18, 2026). I hope I drop weight like nobody's business this month... we'll see :)
I mixed up my sources for this weeks meals, as you'll see, but I've had a good week food wise. Last weeks food, I ended up wasting so much of it because it just wasn't that great. I hate wasting food, but I like trying new things. It's a catch twenty-two. Since I'm the only one to eat it, I can't really share the not-so-great food. In other words, I have decided to not eat Brussels sprouts unless I have someone else to eat them with me! (Last week's salad was not bad! It was actually a lot tastier than I thought it would be, but every time I ate it, I had to get over the fact that it was Brussels sprouts. It got too difficult...) This week, I got a couple of meals from last week's source, a few from the second week, and one from the third week of their plan.
Breakfast:
Sausage Pizza Egg MuffinsSausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
Lunch/Dinner:
Eggplant "Lasagna"Steak Fajita Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Chicken Fajita Bowl
Slow Cooker Meatballs
Snack:
Green Smoothie (see my next post)Sausage Pizza Egg Muffins
These were surprisingly good. The "pizza" part of the egg muffin were the sun-dried tomatoes, and that was the part I was concerned I wouldn't like. As long as the tomatoes were chopped small enough, then the texture was fine. I might make them again. They weren't my favorite but still very tasty.Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
This was so good! It was a little odd for breakfast but I will make it again. The flavors complimented each other very well. This, however, would work a lot better during the fall because these are fall flavors. I look forward to the next time I eat this, for sure!
Eggplant "Lasagna"
I don't think I could ever really call this dish lasagna since there is no cheese or pasta, however, it was super good. I am always looking for a good eggplant recipe, so this one will definitely be saved! In the future, I will season the eggplant with salt and pepper or garlic and pepper because all I could taste was the olive oil I spread on the eggplant. Yum!Steak Fajita Loaded Sweet Potatoes
I was surprised that the flavors went together. I've always had sweet potatoes with brown sugar and butter and nothing else mixed in, but this was eye opening. I will definitely be making something like this again, if not this, for sure! On a different note, cook your meat longer than 3-4 minutes! The middle of my meat was still pretty raw. I like my meat to be medium, so I'm ok with a little rarer or a little more well done. This was raw. I even cooked it about 5 minutes each side instead since I knew I wanted it medium. I'd recommend 6-7 minutes per side for medium. Be prepared to see more sweet potato combinations in future!Chicken Fajita Bowl
Slow Cooker Meatballs
Very tasty. As you've seen in previous posts, I really like meatballs. These definitely worked better than my previous meatball recipe as a Whole 30 recipe. I think I will make them again. The only change I'd make is to mix the sauce in a bowl before adding it to the crock pot. The person who made this recipe is crazy in thinking they can stir it up in crock pot on top of the meatballs...
All pictures in post were taken by me. Please do not use without my permission.



Comments
Post a Comment