Freebies & Discounts for Fort Worth & the Surrounding Areas
Originally posted on August 14, 2026. Last updated August 2026.
I'm always looking for a good deal, whether it's in the form of freebies or discounts. In the Fort Worth area, there are lots of resources to help people save money, including places with discounts and samples to places with various freebies. Sometimes they seem too good to be true, but if I try something and works out, then I will let you know! I want to help those local parents find as many ways to save money as possible, so I'm putting the ones I find all in one easy location. I'll update this post as I discover them.
Takeaways:
- Discounts and freebies with the Parent Pass App, including 25% off at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- Free tickets to various places through the Fort Worth Library
- Free items from your local Buy Nothing Groups
Discounts & Freebies with the Parent Pass App
There is an app for the area that includes discounts, freebies, and other resources. Check it out here: Parent Pass app.I learned about the app when I was planning to take my kids to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History with my best friend and her kids. All you have to do to get the discount there is download the app and simply show it when you buy your tickets. You will get a 25% discount! (This will be so helpful because parking is expensive!)
The app includes various events and details about different freebies and discounts, such as free tickets through the Fort Worth Library (more details below!).
When I looked up the app, I also found this article from the City of Fort Worth about it, so I knew it was a legitimate app!
Free Tickets Through the Fort Worth Library
Something cool about the Fort Worth Public Library is that they offer tickets to various places. My husband found out about the free tickets to the Botanic Garden a few years ago, but we weren't able to get the tickets before we went because of the wait list. Since then, I had completely forgotten about this gem. I recently joined the wait list, and I plan to use it later this year when it cools down some.
I'm unsure if other libraries have this available, but it is worth checking out at your local library! (As far as I can tell, the other libraries and resources I have cards at don't have tickets to local places. Those places are Houston, North Texas Libraries, and La Leche League Canada. More details about each of these places on my library post.)
If you have a Fort Worth library card or are interested in getting one, you can get free tickets to:
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden (there is a long waiting list though!)
- Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge
- Log Cabin Village
Get Local Items for Free Through Buy Nothing Groups
Buy Nothing Groups are literally just that: everything is free. There are groups for local areas where anyone can post items they are giving away or items they are in search of.
My best friend was the original person who told me about these Buy Nothing Groups. She got me a used (but in great condition) Halo Swivel Sleeper bassinet for my first baby from her local group! (The original plan was for us to borrow my friend's bassinet, so I was never asking for a new one.) If you've never heard of a Buy Nothing group, then you should look them up on Facebook.
More details on the groups can be found here: https://buynothingproject.org/
For example, there are groups for neighborhoods (Marine Creek Ranch), general areas (HEB area and North Fort Worth), and cities themselves (Saginaw).
As I said before, I'll keep updating this post as I discover new discounts and freebies in the area. Come back to see what else I find!


Comments
Post a Comment