Official Week One
Originally posted on Hungry Aggie blog on January 19, 2017. Updated August 5, 2026.
All of the smoothies were pretty filling. I didn't start getting hungry for a few hours after drinking it, so I think that is a win. The salads were ... interesting: the taco salad was so not filling and the BBS salad was so tasty but my stomach was being weird after that. My dinner has been super tasty and would definitely recommend! I debut my first recipe for dinner this week, so hopefully this is where this all begins. Lastly, I'm sorry there are no pictures this week... and probably won't be every post so I'll apologize for the future posts without pictures.
Breakfast:
- Monday-Tuesday: Pumpkin Coconut Smoothie
- Wednesday-Thursday: Coconut Banana Berry Smoothie (link no longer works, as of August 5, 2026)
- Friday: Paleo Green Smoothie (Smoothie #3)
- Saturday: Spinach Quiche with Bacon, Mushrooms, & Onions
- Sunday: IHOP
Lunch
- Monday-Wednesday: Taco Salad, Hardboiled Egg Cucumber Slices
- Thursday: Blueberry Broccoli Spinach Salad (Whole 30 compliant) with Paleo Ranch Dressing
- Friday: Fajitas at restaurant
- Saturday: Steak
- Sunday: ...skipped lunch
Dinner
- Monday-Wednesday: Sausage, Potato, and Kale Soup (leftovers from last week)
- Thursday-Friday: Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs with Basil-Spinach Pesto
- Sunday: IHOP leftovers
Pumpkin Coconut Smoothie
Serves: 2
Tasty: Yea
Make again: Maybe
Changes: Yes - reduce the cinnamon
I am not one to follow a recipe for smoothies normally. It tasted good but I put too much cinnamon in the homemade pumpkin pie spice. Did you catch that? I made my own pumpkin pie spice. I went a little cinnamon crazy when I made it but oh well! Here is the recipe for the pumpkin pie spice:
Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cloves
Coconut Banana Berry Smoothie
Serves: 1
Tasty: Yes!
Make again: Yes
Changes: Nope
This was really tasty, and if I need a recipe, I'll do something similar to this again. The only changes I made were to put about half or less of the cinnamon and 1/4 of a small avocado instead of 1/5.
Paleo Green Smoothie
Serves: 1
Tasty: Yes
Make again: Yes
Changes: Naw
This was super simple and easy. When I made it, I added a little more coconut milk than it called for and no coconut water.
Spinach Quiche with Bacon, Mushrooms, & Onions
Serves: 4-6
Tasty: Absolutely yes!
Make again: Yes
Changes: No
This was a bit involved, but it was super tasty! When I made it, I missed a few steps but it still turned out really good.
- I didn't cut the bacon into small pieces before I cooked it.
- I didn't drain any of the bacon grease. (There wasn't much, so I didn't think it was necessary.)
- I removed the bacon from the pan because I didn't realize I was supposed to leave the bacon in the pan while I added everything else.
I ended up ripping the bacon up and putting it on top of the quiche. It was so good! The sweet potatoes in the crust gave the quiche a sweet taste. I will say that the cooking time for the whole dish should be longer because the eggs weren't fully cooked when I pulled it out. I didn't finish cooking it because I cooked it the night before and we were going to stick it in the microwave in the morning.
Taco Salad
Serves: ??
Tasty: I guess so. It was nothing special
Make again: No
Change: No
This was such a involved recipe for it to be nothing special. I love taco salad but I am not going to follow a recipe to make this again. First off, I didn't pack enough for lunch the first day, so I was starving all afternoon. Each day I brought more and more salad but it really never filled me up. I tried various different extra food, and it never really helped. Second, it is so simple yet so involved that I'd make my own taco salad.
Hardboiled Egg Cucumber Slices
Serves: 1-2
Tasty: Yes
Make again: Maybe
Change: No
It was a different snack but definitely tasty. I'm not normally one to get creative with my snacks, so this recipe will probably fall to the wayside - I'll forget about it and never make it again. So in other words, I'd like to make it again if I remember...
Blueberry Broccoli Spinach Salad
Serves: 1-2
Tasty: Absolutely
Make again: Yes
Change: Nah
This was one of the most tasty salads I've had in a while, but it left my stomach feeling weird. Not upset but weird... I will definitely be making it again, but if my stomach feels as strange again then it may not get served a third time.
To make this recipe Whole 30 compliant, I didn't include the feta cheese it called for and I used a different ranch dressing recipe. I will definitely try the dressing that is with this recipe eventually, but to keep with the diet, I wanted to use a different dressing.
I got the dressing recipe from the same person that I got the mayo recipe from last week because her mayo was so good and tangy. The ranch was good! It is making me think that I will be making my own mayo and ranch from now on.
Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs with Basil-Spinach Pesto
See my blog post!


Comments
Post a Comment